Wednesday 20 February 2013

London Town



I LOVE going to London, and I’m lucky to live within a reasonable distance. I’ve just got back from an excellent long weekend, and what a weekend! Three, no, four birthdays were celebrated if you count mine too; I saw a stage show, a film at Leicester square, rode the London Eye, ate out in restaurants, went to a house party, went shopping (oops), drew pictures and of course took lots of photographs. I got a precious day to myself where I just wondered about, drawing, looking up at all the great buildings and taking photos. Very soon I’ll have my own digital SLR, but for now these are all on my iPhone.   








  

It was great getting back into the mindset of a photographer – snapping anything that moved basically. I often put the camera away only to whip it out again as soon as I saw something else that interested me. A lot of these are mediocre but that’s okay, in some of them I was trying to capture a nice composition, in others it was a shot of colour or a small moment that caught my eye. I’m just glad to be practicing again, and things can only get better!





5 Highlights from the weekend in London town:

  • Witnessing a marriage proposal at King’s Cross Station in front of Platform 9 ¾ . Four hundred tired people facing long delays breaking into applause – not a moment I’ll forget in a hurry.
  • Feeding the tame squirrels in St. James park by hand.
  •  Eating sushi for breakfast on Oxford Street as the sun comes up.
  •  Closing my eyes during a showing of Les Miserables at Leicester square to hear people crying into handkerchiefs.
  •  Dancing to Florence and the Machine in a packed living room at 3 am, whilst eating crisps.



4 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! I'd love to visit London someday. I think my favorite part was hearing about the Harry Potter proposal. That's too cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! One of those moments I felt privileged to witness!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a truly fab time. The pictures are fabulous! I'm really jealous of the wedding proposal, I would have loved to have seen that.

    ReplyDelete